Thursday, June 28, 2007

WTF????

There are not even words to explain how I feel about this contest. Let me post what I am talking about and then we can bitch.


OK. So I can't find the winner on this trashy newspaper website that just posts bar pictures but I have to ask the intelligent question of why would anyone participate in this? And yes I got all the obvious answers but really do ppl REALLY think this is acceptable treatment of women? You can take the Girls Gone Wild argument that if it makes women feel empowered go ahead but really taking it off for a set of free bar boobs makes me question this logic especially when violence against women in the news is at an all time high (all time by my standards but I haven't watched the news in a long time). It seems that instead of asking the important questions of appropriate treatment and portrayal of women we are blaming outside factors (violence on TV, steroids, drugs) instead of the perpetrators and the role media representation has on the treatment of women worldwide. Ugggh!

1 comment:

Connie said...

But you could win a free boob job!

Yes, it is puketastic, but let me lob this one at you, how do we get these young ladies that flock toward this type of garbage to have enough self respect - nay dignity - to leave their tops on and get their boob job the old fashioned way - by eating?

I should mention that I completely agree that these types of portrayls of women are DANGEROUS and should be kicked to the curb for sure.